Wok Charred Edamame
- Heat a wok or skillet on high, add in vegetable oil to coat bottom of the wok.
- Continue to heat the wok until it is scorching hot, and beginning to smoke.
- Add in frozen edamame and let the vegetable oil lightly coat them.
- Let the pods sit in the pan without moving to allow them to lightly char.
- The steam will come off the frozen edamame, and you will see some that are lightly charred.
- Toss the edamame and let the pods sit again so that more pods are lightly charred.
- Add in the sesame oil and garlic.
- Toss to evenly coat.
- Once the aroma of the garlic starts to come out and the garlic is lightly cooked, deglaze with the shoyu.
- Let the shoyu reduce and coat the pods.
- Finish with the chili flakes.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with additional sesame oil and alae salt.
You may add more or less shoyu and garlic to taste.