Chicken Long Rice
- Combine ginger, garlic with stock in a heavy saucepan.
- Wash and drain chicken thighs and add to stock mixture with salt. Simmer, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Skim throughout the cooking process.
- Transfer chicken with a slotted spoon to a cutting board and cool.
- Shred meat into 1/4-inch-thick pieces and discard the skin and bones.
- Stir noodles into broth and simmer, uncovered, until noodles are translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Stir green onions into broth along with chicken. Adjust seasoning with shoyu and chili pepper water.
This dish is great for using the left over carcass of a roasted chicken. Follow instructions replacing the thigh for the carcass. You can also use thigh meat and a carcass to get more flavor into the broth.